|Project||Energy and Fuel Poverty Officer|
|Employer||Change Agents UK|
Change Agents UK will for this coming winter be delivering Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council’s home energy advice visits. Dudley have a well-developed network of partners who all feed referrals into a central “hub”, offering support to those most vulnerable to rising fuel prices. If a resident is thought to require a home visit, the referrals will be fed through to Change Agents UK, who will act swiftly to reduce their energy bills as much as possible in one visit. Visits will include ensuring residents are on the correct tariffs and benefitting from the warm home discount, through to teaching people to better manage their energy use for heating and appliances. All members of staff will strive to save on average £230 in each property visited.
Working closely with Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council and the home energy advice team to deliver energy audits in people’s homes and advice to the public. This role is vital to ensure that those most vulnerable have access to bespoke home energy advice and an audit to ensure affordable warmth.
Benefits of this opportunity
This scheme offers the successful applicants a chance to gain real life experience of delivering affordable warmth programmes and working with a broad range of stakeholders. Upon completion of the contract, successful candidates will have developed a strong working knowledge of policy and interventions designed to increase energy efficiency and reduce fuel poverty. Although candidates who have already completed a City and Guilds level 3 qualification in Energy Awareness are preferred, those without have the opportunity to complete this paid for by Change Agents UK.
Future employment potential
The experience gained through the project will give the post holder an excellent insight into the growing sector and will ensure they are well placed to pursue future employment in the field of energy efficiency. Many graduates who have benefited from similar roles have gone on to work for consultancies, government and local authorities.
Benefits of working with Change Agents UK
Change Agents UK is a not-for-profit organisation which enables students and recent graduates to work with businesses, local authorities and community groups to learn about and implement sustainable development, and become more employable. With this service Change Agents UK will provide:
• If the candidate has not already completed it, a City and Guilds Level 3 qualification in Energy Awareness.
• A full induction programme to provide guidance for the successful completion of the Opportunity, and to detail the training opportunities and support offered by Change Agents UK.
• Enrolment onto our Skills Development Programme, utilising bespoke exercises to increase skill set and employability through self-evaluation, learning and the Change Agents Academy
• Management support and networking opportunities.
• A monthly Change Agents UK Newsletter informing you of current sustainability news topics, up and coming events and workshops and a network of other change agents.
• Inclusion in the Change Agents staff and alumni networks: socials, networking opportunities, etc.
• Support in an organisation whose ethos is one of positive personal and professional development.
This recruitment is being managed by Change Agents UK, please direct all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 723419
Outputs and Key Tasks
Employer: Change Agents UK
Salary (per annum pro rata): £17,850
Closing Date: Sunday 30th November 2016
Telephone Interviews: Please ensure you are available for a telephone interview W/C 7th November 2016
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th November 2016
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Opportunity: Fixed term contract until 31st March 2017
Work outside normal hours: There may be some evening and weekend work, agreed with line manager
Annual leave: 25 days pro rata
Probation period: 1 month
Base: Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
Department: Energy Consultancy
Reports to: Senior Energy and Fuel Poverty Officer
|Salary||£17,850 per annum pro rata|
|Hours Per Week||37.00|
Closed - no further applications permitted